case study one
An international “Magic Circle” law firm, which specialises in a multitude of sectors provided comprehensive brief for the appointment of Partner Fraud/Forensics and Risk. Key personal criteria for the role centred around a decisive and innovative leader, whose strong interpersonal and management skills were aligned with a passion and growth for learning and development (of particular relevance in today’s ever changing litigation marketspace). Technical capability to generate substantial leads and referrals from business network of contacts paramount.
The engagement brief centred around a Partner who specialised in multi-disciplinary, complex and commercially sensitive cases involving business crime, civil fraud, money laundering (AML), bribery and corruption. The newly appointed incumbent was required to develop the firms’ capabilities in these areas, combined with anti-trust review and remediation. In spite of the huge challenges ahead, a comprehensive and intelligent business proposal was submitted by RB Forensics Ltd, to uncover the “ideal candidate”.
- Project time frame of 16 weeks was discussed and agreed after consultation with Managing Partner.
- The initial first contact list of “whose who” was sourced from leads, referrals and market intelligence.
- List 1 was presented to the Managing Partner for further analysis:
- After discreet pre-screening of potential candidates via telephone, professional face to face meetings were arranged by RB Forensics Ltd, for further due diligence.
- Average length of candidate discussion 2 hours, during which KPI’s measured against relevant work experience, capability, personality, suitability, delivery and commitment.
- List 2 was presented to the Managing Partners from RB Forensics Ltd, detailing screening notes and biographies of suitable candidates.
- From List 2, first interview stage process arranged with Partners, and diary dates finalised.
- List 3 confirmed candidate interest and diary confirmation:
- Follow-up meeting arranged with Managing Partner and RB Forensics Ltd to discuss candidate and client feedback from first stage interview process.
- List 4 determined 2nd interview stage process, with minimum 4 candidates invited back for further follow up.
- List 5 pre-selection of final 2 Candidates for 3rd stage interview.
- Further discussions with Managing Partner, Heads of Department and Executive Board result in 4th and 5th stage interview process .
- Candidates invited by Partners to demonstrate commercial acumen with business plan, budget analysis and personal strategy for firms’ future development and growth in litigation and fraud.
- Offer, acceptance and resolution after general consensus and group discussion by Partners in firm.
- Candidate mentored by RB Forensics Ltd throughout project time frame of 16 weeks to ensure successful conclusion.